Sunday, March 25, 2012

Confession to Man (week 8 & 9)


Mini-Outreach

So, mini-outreach has come and gone, such a whirlwind everything is.  The team I was on stayed in Germany, we went to a town called Dilligen. We were staying at a church there for two weeks, helping out with the activities of the church, like youth or healing prayer and also doing ministry. We had two art shows, (one was on the street, so cool) where we displayed our photographs and drawings, performed dances and music. Liz and the Lions, (a band at the base) performed at the church a couple of times, it was awesome! We were also busy on the street, just handing out tracts, advertising for the events we were having at the church and just talking to people. We made lit up balloons and handed them out at night, with bible verses attached, all kinds of creative things were happening! It was a good example of what serving is going to look like on outreach. It was amazing to see, and a blessing how the church loved our coming. The church had been looking for a break through for this town; it was only 20 years ago that in Dilligen if you didn’t attend church you couldn’t maintain a job. So, the feel of the town was interesting, we all felt like that the people of this town were open to hearing the gospel, but there was definitely a battle waging, like always. The church was so happy that there were missionaries coming to their church, that they gave us around 3 cakes a day and made us lunch and dinner everyday, such a blessing! It was awesome that we were able to put together all of our prayers and impressions for them in a photo album and just return the blessing!  Even, just getting to know the youth of the church was such a blessing, and everyone we met was such a blessing to talk to.
Personally it was a time of real growth, at this time God really put on my heart something He had wanted me to be free of. It was kind of an uncomfortable time, (which brought up past issues) but I pushed through, just trying to seek Him and not rely on my own understanding and it all worked out for the better. When our team arrived back in Herrnhut, I asked for prayer from my people back here and set free fears, which I hadn’t put an end to in the past. It was tres cool that I could finally just let go, be vulnerable with the group and seek out prayer! One highlight for me for the two weeks is that your life is a choice, you choose what you want to be ruler over your life and when this finally drilled into my head it was such a revelation. This had been spoken to me and I understood this for a while, but over these two weeks I put it into practice. When I am put in a situation where I am afraid of, or uncomfortable in the past I have had someone or something for comfort, but on this mini-outreach I had people but it was really up to me to make something good come out of it if I wanted to. It was up to me to face fears and habits and unhealthy thoughts, so I did, when forced into a corner it is surprising what you will do. Always a most revitalizing thing to remember is that the same power that rose Jesus Christ from the dead is inside of you, nothing is out of our grasp in whom who created everything.
I also have come a long way, now that I think of it, in allowing people to help me, or being open about what’s going on. Inspired by many words people have spoken to me about community, almost like seeds to my belief. Even Ruth, (my DTS leader) spoke truth about the community here at YWAM. She said we might not all have met or gotten close if we were outside of YWAM, but that doesn’t matter, what does matter is that we are all here to seek God. That if I walked into any room at the base and asked for prayer 9 times out of 10 people would gather around and pray for me, because in this community of believers we are for each other, not against. Wow, what a testament of the body of Christ. Then upon, further revelation, on mini-outreach, I was reading “Is That Really You God,” (a book we have to read for DTS) and I found this quote.
“But confession to man brings humility and unity and makes a repentant person ready to receive God’s healing of mind, emotion, and body. Confession is good for the soul.”
I just think that is mind blowing, because I read that the night Ruth told me this, wow! I believe too, that not just confession of sins, but of attitude of feeling, of struggles brings the same healing. It shows you know you can’t do it alone and that together as the body of Christ, we are going to allow ourselves to lean on each other and work towards that goal, of deep relationship in the holy and mighty Savior, God, Prince of Peace.
Philemon 1:5
“ because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints. I pray that you maybe active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have reflected the hearts of the saints.”

No comments:

Post a Comment