Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thinking Patterns (week five)


On a side note, I found it interesting when Fiona talked about different ways that people can think. Specifically she showed us a few ways of thinking, which I am sure there are variations in between. There is what there is called linear, spiral, circular and matrix. The linear way of thinking is from a to b to c, everything leads to a clear point and clearly connects. Then there is spiral where there is a point, but if you think of like a cinnamon bun or spiral with a dot in the middle, it takes forever to get to the point or dot in the middle. The circular thinking is like a circle of circles that are somewhat related, but each circle can each have separate points and you decide whether they fit together or not. Matrix is slightly more confusing it looks like a basket weave when you focus on it. The whole picture is a woven basket when you back it up, but each point is like the individual straw which intersects with another straw. So, each point intersects with another point, but not all at the same point, but the whole picture fits together if you listen to the whole story. I feel like sometimes, its almost like each point or straw can be considered linear when you focus in on it, but not linear to each other. So, a intersects with c, but b intersects with d and d to a maybe, they're all related in the bigger picture, but not necessarily directly.
I think this is so cool, because for a while I thought in order for me to make sense I would have to try really hard to go from a to b, but God created each one of us differently for a specific reason. There is nothing odd, or unusual about me, this is the way I am and its perfect. Even, when I had my one on one with her, it was cool when she was speaking to me about the way I think and speak. I explained to her that I think I am a matrix thinker and I feel like I need to undergo intensive communicative courses, but she said no, you don't need to change the way you are just explain where you are coming from not freak out or be hard on yourself. Its very comforting to me and I don't care now if I don't always make sense, because I just have to learn to explain where I am coming from and if people don't care to hear the end of my story, the bigger picture, they weren't meant to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment